World at War multiplayer getting patched today
If you are interested in Call of Duty: World at War, then you probably know that Map Pack 1 is coming today (or is already out if you are reading this at a later time; see the GTA: Chinatown Wars comments section for idiots that can’t tell the time, and don’t post “It’s already out DooD!!!” or I will slap you).
You may remember we also told you the pack was coming today, but we forgive you if you forgot as many days have passed since that reveal.
To go along with that map pack, Treyarch have said they will also release a patch for the multiplayer portion of game that will address some annoyances that used to pop up. The big changes are:
- All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds to prevent griefing in that game mode.
- Improvements have been made to the global spawn system – players should never spawn within the line of sight of an enemy.
- Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
- Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
- Martyrdom no longer causes “direct impact” grenade deaths in Hardcore modes.
- Players ranked higher than the maximum allowed in the Boot Camp playlist are no longer able to play in games with lower ranked friends in that playlist.
- “Bayonet jumping” has been disabled.
- Further improvements have been made to geographical matchmaking.
- The “New” icon clears when a player has viewed an unlocked weapon (X360 only).
- Many zombies were raised from the dead.
We gave Call of Duty: World at War 7/10 in our review last year.