Prison Architect in 2015, new Lumines for tablets, and news bits
Today is not a great day for news, so I don’t know what I should write to open today’s piece. Someone linked me to a news story that said Gwyneth Paltrow steams her vagina. Go ahead and read that then.
Speaking of steam, Prison Architect is in alpha and is currently on Steam as an Early Access title. The game’s developer, Introversion, has promised it will be a full fledged release at some point in 2015. Additionally, they took the time to say the game will also come to tablets (iPad and some Android platforms) this year too. The only downside is the tablet versions may be a lesser game than the PC release due to power concerns – but work is been put in to keep them as close to the PC version as possible.
A new Lumines game is coming to iOS and Android. This is very important, because Lumines is great. Even better news is that the original creator will be involved. It’s been 10 years since Lumines first came out on PSP – time flies. The rights to the franchise are now in control of Mobcast – who will build the new game. Before you ask who they are, they are Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s new studio (the man who originally created the series). Hopefully the new title is built to take advantage of a touch interface, and not ruined because of it.
- Life is Strange was released today. We might review that for you.
- DENGEKI BUNKO! DENGEKI BUNKO!! DENGEKI BUNKO!!!
- Conan O’Brien played Mortal Kombat X. You should watch that if you like laughing.
- Sega has cut 300 jobs. Read this overly detailed PDF an be sad.
- Someone still cares about Ouya.
- Content Creators have earned over $50M through Steam Workshop. I can barely put together flat pack furniture.
- A PS4 got vajazzled. This is Gwyneth Paltrow’s fault, probably.
RIP Andrew Yoon. You were awesome, and life is unfair.