Lips getting a sequel – Number One Hits coming Oct 2009
Taking some more cues from the far more popular Singstar franchise, Microsoft have announced a sequel for karaoke singalong game Lips. This is something you would think was pointless in this era of downloadable content, but that won’t stop Microsoft continuing in their less-than-successful attempts to break into the ‘casual’ market.
Some of the tracks that Lips: Number One Hits will feature include:
• “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay
• “Disturbia” by Rihanna
• “U Can’t Touch This,” by MC Hammer
• “More Than Words,” by Extreme
• “Apologize” by Timbaland featuring OneRepublic
• “Karma Chameleon” by Culture Club
• “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” by Marvin Gaye
• “Oh, Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison
• “Ready, Set, Go!” by Tokio Hotel
• And many more yet to be announced!
It’s unclear yet whether this sequel will ome packaged with the excellent wireless microphones that were included with the original Lips, but the game itself will not require the original disc to play. This suggests that it will also include another 1000 Gamerpoints, so Achievement junkies will be pleased.
The above image also suggests that there will be some improvements to the gameplay, most notably support for Xbox Live Avatars. Although we weren’t hugely impressed with Lips when it launched last year (giving it 5/10 in our review), the game has subsequently been updated to include improved scoring, better vibrato detection and global Leaderboards, so if you love to sing and only own a 360 then it’s worth a try.