Halo 4 Limited Edition and “specializations” details released
When Halo 4 launches on November 6th for the Xbox 360, the game’s multiplayer will feature “Specializations,” new armor modifications that allow you to accommodate your specific playing style. The Specializations will appear in both War Games (a $25 dollar season pass that unlocks 3 map packs and other, exclusive items) and Spartan Ops (a mode where all Specializations battle against each other) as you earn new ranks beyond level 50. In a first for the Halo franchise, Halo 4 will also feature emblems, armor packs, armor skins, and unique upgrades based on specific Specializations. Two of these Specializations (Wetwork and Pioneer) will be available in the Halo 4 regular edition, and all eight Specializations will appear within the Halo 4 Limited Edition and Xbox Live – either as DLC or purchasable extras – at some point in the months following the game’s release.
Additionally, Microsoft has released the full details of Halo 4 Limited Edition, and the details are quite tantalizing. Here’s what you’ll get for $99:
- War Games Map Pack Access
- The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox Live.
- Early access to six Specializations to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. Halo 4 Limited Edition gets you access on launch day to all available six.
- UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet
- A blueprint of the massive ship and a further glimpse into the Spartan-IVs.
- Exclusive digital content through Xbox Live
- Spartan-IV Recruit in-game Armor
- Spartan-IV Prime in-game Armor
- Assault Rifle Prime in-game Weapon
- New in-game Emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar Recruit Armour
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition
- A 90-minute live-action digital series that furthers the Halo universe and provides extensive information leading to Halo 4’s events.
- Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Special feature: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
More information as we get it.