Codename S.T.E.A.M. Demo, February PS+ games, Lots of Lego, those news bits
Thursday seems like it was much more exciting. Wednesday had services opening and closing like some kind of demented automatic door. Services are not interesting, but still needed to be talked about. Thursday has games to talk about, and that’s infinitely better. Hooray for games!
Most exciting to see today was the appearance of a demo for Codename S.T.E.A.M. on the 3DS eShop. The game may not be hitting Euro shores until May 15th (March 13th in US), but that has not stopped a demo arriving months ahead of release. Codename S.T.E.A.M. is the new IP developed by Intelligent Systems – who could very well be the most consistently good developers working today. The game’s plot sees Abraham Lincoln defending Earth from an alien invasion, and gets more insane from there. I’ll be grabbing the download as soon as today news gets written.
February seems like it will be a great month for games on PS+ – especially if your are not the kind of person that buys everything on Day One. If you waited, February is filled with goodies to make your subscription seem worthwhile. Here is a short list:
- Apotheon (Available on PS4)
- Transistor (Available on PS4)
- Thief (Available on PS3)
- Yakuza 4 (Available on PS3)
- Rogue Legacy (Available on PS4, PS3, PS Vita [Cross Buyenabled])
- Kick and Fennick (Available on PS Vita)
One of the more exciting games from the list has to be Transistor – for PS4. We decided it was the 4th best game of 2014 as part of our GOTY deliberations. You should trust us, we are experts.
Then we had two brand new Lego games confirmed – which continue to be far better experiences than you expect them to be. Next out of the Lego game factory (AKA Travelers Tales) is Lego Jurassic World and Lego Marvel’s Avengers.
Lego Jurassic World will launch first in June of this year on all consoles and handhelds available to humans. It will cover all three films of the original trilogy, and also the new one that will release around the same time as the game appears. Hopefully it won’t be one big pile of shit. Lego Marvel’s Avengers is next later in the year – which will coincide with the theatrical release of Age of Ultron. Less is known about this game so I will stop writing now.
- The fantastic 80 Days is currently 99p from Amazon App Store. The game is well worth a get if you have the right devices. Let’s hope other devices get the sale too.
- You can now play Metroid Prime Trilogy (on a Wii U) without having to fork over the price of a small country on eBay. It costs just £9.99 – unless you stumbled onto this news in the year 2525
- Bot Colony was not the best game. It even led to funny videos appearing on the Internet. This latest update is a pretty heartbreaking read though, as it looks like a lot of effort was put in. Goodbye Jimmy.
- The Battlefield Hardline beta begins next Tuesday (February 3) apparently. Still seems a bad time to release a game with this content though.
- Tesco are selling a white Wii U for £99.99 (that won’t last long).
- A new OlliOlli 2 trailer has appeared, and it shows off many new modes and features coming to the game. I never did review that first one. Sorry all.
Codename S.T.E.A.M. won’t stop me posting news tomorrow!