BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition now available in North America
While we’re waiting for an update on the European side of things, 2K Games announced this morning that BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition is now available in North America for $29.99. The collection includes both Bioshock and Bioshock 2, along with unreleased content and other additions to each game.
“With BioShock Infinite on the horizon, we want to offer gamers new to the franchise a great value in diving into the BioShock experience,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition brings the complete experience of this critically acclaimed franchise to gamers looking to explore Rapture before discovering Columbia.”
In addition to BioShock and BioShock 2, the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition includes more than $40 of add-on content for both games:
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3 and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
For the listed retail price, there’s no doubt this is the definitive Bioshock collection. If you’ve never played these games, I suggest you visit some of the most unique and grounded experiences this gaming generation has offered.