Japanese 2D fighter Yatagarasu available today on Rice Digital
Well this news came out of nowhere for fighting game fans, as today Rice Digital have just revealed that Yatagarasu is now available to buy for a bargain price of £7.99.
Yatagarasu is a 2D fighting game developed by the people at PDW/Hotapen and is an indie title inspired by the the greatest of all great fighting games, Street Fighter III: Third Strike. This translates to Yatagarasu being a six-button fighter with a parry system, super moves, move cancels, throws, etc. Ex-SNK and King of Fighters artist Kotani Tomoyuki worked on the lovely sprite work, while top Third Strike players had their hands in shaping the game.
According to the press release the game includes;
- Eight unique characters.
- Stunning sprite artwork and animation from King of Fighters artist, Kotani Tomoyuki.
- Choose your trash talking commentator from top Japanese players, Tokido, Kokujin and KSK – who’ll react to your play style.
- Innovative ‘button locking’ parry system to give you the defensive edge.
- Unique damage mitigation system where tapping the attack buttons to correspond with incoming attacks, limits damage taken.
- 1-2 players with 8 player lobbies.
- Exclusive part-localised version, only available on Rice Digital.
Geraint Evans, Director of Rice Digital says
We are so pleased that Hotapen have decided to introduce Yatagarasu to a Western audience. It’s a superb 2D fighter and support from the Fighting Game Community for Yatagarasu will ensure we can continue to bring more hidden gems like this to the West. For fans of 2D fighters – Yatagarasu is an experience not to be missed.
Yatagarasu is now available, internationally, on the Rice Digital store for just £7.99
Check the official trailer below, along with a combo showpiece video.