Tecmo Koei America announces Dynasty Warriors 8 and release date
For those of you who have had trouble finding a game to fill the Three Kingdom sized hole in your heart, good news – Tecmo Koei has announced the newest game in the Dynasty Warriors series, and we even have an official release date for later this summer.
Dynasty Warriors 8 will be available on July 16th, 2013 in North America for PS3 and Xbox 360, and comes with a bevy of new features that promise the best Warriors experience yet:
- As with previous titles in the series, Dynasty Warriors 8 follows the stories of the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu and Jin through the actions of historical military and political figures of the time as they fight to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China.
- However, this sequel takes the much loved IP one step further, merging numerous replay elements like multi-endings and extra modes with synergies between action and game systems, making a game that people won’t want to put down.
- Apart from the Story Mode, which comes with new episodes and characters and takes a deeper look at the drama that unfolds in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story, Dynasty Warriors 8 includes all new ‘What if?’ scenarios. Breaking away from historical fact, this mode takes a look at what could have happened if famous characters had lived to fight another day. Stories branch out to different outcomes providing variety in the course and ending of the game, and giving the players the power to view an alternate version of history depending on their choices.
- Dynasty Warriors 8 also boasts a vast number of new and returning playable characters, as the highly anticipated officers Yue Jin and Li Dian from the Wei Kingdom, who make their first appearance in the series, alongside more than 70 playable characters that fight to prevail in the battlefield.
- Giving stronger emphasis in the stage of these epic battles and inspired by the landscape of ancient China to deliver a wide range of visual treats, Dynasty Warriors 8 will feature more than 40 completely new stages: verdant plains, desolate wastelands, sharp ravines, huge castles, and other breath-taking sites.
You knew it was coming- don’t lie. More information as we get it.