EA summer showcase details new information for Wii U, Madden, Fifa, The Sims 3, and Mass Effect
In today’s EA Summer Showcase, the company accounted several exciting new developments for the Wii U, as well as new information for its premier titles like the Sims, Madden, Fifa, and Mass Effect 3.
Here are the highlights (updating the article real-time, so keep coming back for more updates!):
- Fifa 13 and Madden 13 both have been confirmed as Wii U launch titles.
- They both include new core features like total control passing, made using the touch pad in the Wii U’s controller.
- Additionally, the interplay between the Wii U’s controller and the television entails that you won’t have to pause the game to actually interact with the game. Substitutions, statistical analysis, and precise aiming for tactics all take place within the tablet’s screen and not the actual television.
- The Sims 3 Seasons is confirmed for the PC this fall.
- EA’s promising to bring 40 freemium titles out this year.
- Fifa 13 iOS – for the first time ever, online multiplayer for a EA sport title on an iOS device.
- Need for Speed World will feature drag-racing for the first time, as well as supercars like Porches and Lamborghinis.
- New Battlefield 3 DLC, one release coming every month with a total of four (the final one being released in March). This is only available to Battlefield Premium members.
- Mass Effect 3 DLC, Leviathan, confirmed. It’s the first single-player DLC since the extended cut was released earlier this summer.
- Leviathan expands upon the events of Mass Effect 3 with gripping and emotional storytelling, compelling new characters, powerful weapons and unique upgrades. Players will be able to discover more about the origins of the reapers as they race across the galaxy to unravel the mystery that surrounds the fabled Leviathan.
- Mass Effect 3 will be a Wii U launch title.
- Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel will launch in March, 2013.
Update – and that’s it! Thanks everyone for reading!